Monday 21 April 2014

Salmon and potato wedges

Well i did my first attempt on making a dinner since i made this blog. I made salmon and potato wedges. The potato wedges were fairly simple. I peeled them with a potato peeler, cut them into wedges, oiled the potatoes with a brush, and seasoned them with montreal steak spice. I then put them in the oven on 400, the time they stay in depends on how thick the pieces are and how crispy u want them. Salmon is pretty easy, i put it in a pan, seasoned it, and put it in the oven. You know the salmon is done when the white fat is seeping to the top of the salmon. Now I did mess up a little. I didn't add enough oil to the potatoes so a lot of them stuck to the tin foil. Besides that minor set back all the food tasted great.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the specific tip about how to know when the salmon is done. When to take fish off the grill has been an issue for me in my limited experience.

    I'd like to have such specific advice about cooking the potatoes. Can you give some guidelines about thickness of the wedges and how long to cook them? Maybe your pictures help tell the story, but at the moment the links are broken.

    ReplyDelete