Monday 28 April 2014

Spaghetti and Meat sauce

To create meat sauce, you need to start with the meat. I prefer ground beef, but chicken isn't bad either. You put the ground beef in a skillet, and cook it with white onion. I personally prefer white onion for frying over the other onions because it crisps better. When there is no more pink in the pan from the meat you can start adding your other ingredients. I diced up sweet peppers, this adds a little bit of texture and colour to the sauce. I sautéed up some garlic as well to add flavour. I also added tomato sauce and tomatoes. I added some seasoning to the sauce such as, salt, pepper, and a little bit of oregano which adds a little bit of sweet to the sauce.

I then went on to make the spaghetti, this is a very simple process that few can mess up. You wait until the water is boiling and then you add salt to the water. The reason for doing so is it tastes better, and the noodles wont stick to each other. After that you add the noodles to the boiling water.You need to stir the spaghetti a lot to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom or to each other. The noodles are ready, when you taste them and you get it to the texture you like. I Then pored the noodles into a strainer, and washed them to get the starch off. I then put the noodles back in the pot, and then you are ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment